The Charleston Digital Corridor is the response to a request by the citizens of Charleston to grow a high-wage economy while further diversifying Charleston's economy.
The following represent a few milestones in the development of the Charleston Digital Corridor.
- Milken Institute ranks Charleston as the11th best-performing economy in the nation.
- Flagship graduate, PeopleMatter, dedicates world HQ building on King Street in Downtown Charleston and raises $35 million in venture capital.
- Under30CEO.com names Charleston a top location for IT Companies and Jobs.
- Digital Corridor announces plans to build a new 45,000 sq.ft. business incubator.
- Benefitfocus debuts on the NASDAQ as a public company under the BNFT ticker and subsequently announces announces1,200 additional jobs and $60 million campus expansion.
- The Flagships graduate 76 companies since June 2009.
- 4 Charleston tech companies make the Inc. 500's Fastest Growing Companies List
- In the Digital Corridor's annual survey, 94% of the participating companies add jobs with 88% expecting to add more in 2014.
- At an average annual wage of $71,657, the average wage at Digital Corridor companies is 1.7 times the regional per-capita wage.
- Charleston's Silicon Harbor is recognized nationally on the map of emerging tech hubs.
- Silicon Harbor Ventures announces new committed capital fund to help grow Charleston's tech community
- 310 students graduate from CODEcamp since the program launched May 2012 .