The Charleston Digital Corridor is the response to a request by the citizens of Charleston to grow a high-wage economy while further diversifying Charleston's economy.
The following represent a few milestones in the development of the Charleston Digital Corridor.
- Digital Corridor launches updated CharlestonWorks portal showcasing tech and tech related companies operation in the Charleston Region
- Milken Institute ranks Charleston as the11th best-performing economy in the nation.
- Digital Corridor receives (unanimous) conceptual approval from the Charleston Board of Architectural Review (BAR) for proposed Flagship3 building on Morrison Drive.
- Digital Corridor releases updated online hub for tech entreprenneurs
- Charleston Ranked by New Geography as among 2014 Best Cities for Job Growth
- Digital Corridor member companies including Blackbaud, BoomTown, Good Done Great, Phishlabs and ISI Technology continue strong growth through acquisition and external funding.
- Movato Real Estate ranks Charleston as the #2 most exciting mid-size city
- 894 students attend CODEcamp since the program launched May 2012.
- At an annual average wage of $70, 084 and 89% adding staff, Charleston tech companies continue to post strong wages and employee growth
- SC Commerce awards Digital Corridor Foundation $247,000 in support of CODEcamp
- The Flagships graduate over 85 companies since 2009 with 20 currently in residence
- Travel + Leisure ranks Charleston as the #1 travel destination in North America