Community Engagement Coordinator
Charleston, SC – 10/23/2019
The Charleston Digital Corridor Foundation is a non-profit grassroots initiative to attract, nurture and promote the regions tech economy through an array of impactful programs, products and events while leveraging Charleston's renowned livability.
The Community Engagement Coordinator (CEC) supports and helps drive the promotional and project goals of the CDCF, its Board and the Executive Director. The CEC role requires a gregarious, people-oriented person with a passion for developing professional relationships and providing excellent customer service to all members and constituents. All with the goal of maintaining, expanding and strengthening community perception of the already solid CDC brand. With those goals in mind, the CEC will be expected to:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing, Public Relations, Events
- Coordinate logistics for and enthusiastically participate in public relations activities, particularly with social media and public speaking/hosting at some CDC group events.
- Ensure quality of all external communication with members, facility residents, media, the public and other parties, which includes newsletters, emails, websites, releases etc.
- Author both impromptu and scheduled social media postings ensuring consistency of message and brand with the highest level of quality and professionalism
- Provide constructive input to further enhance and evolve CDC branding, messaging, and the marketing plan
- Identify and incorporate emerging social media trends and new platforms to further the reach and positive reputation of the CDC
- Contribute to and participate in the development, planning and execution of CDC events
- Provide ROI analysis and status reports monthly on marketing efforts to gauge against established goals
- Professional graphic design capabilities both technically and creatively a real plus for this role
Research & Writing
- Conduct market research to support the development of the CDC current initiatives and programs along with future goals
- Summarize research findings to the Executive Director and CDCF Board
- Archive key research findings for future reference in the CDC Knowledge Base library
- Assist in the writing of grant applications, compliance outlines and proposals
General Duties & Expectations (all CDC staff)
- Fully understand the Digital Corridor mission, initiatives and programs, and is able to readily, enthusiastically, accurately and articulately communicate such whether in a formal/planned presentation or extemporaneously
- Assist the Executive Director, the CDCF Board, other staff, volunteers and consultants in the development and maintenance of CDC initiatives and projects.
- Assist member companies and residents of the facilities as needed
- Maintain CDC websites with content updates as required
- Perform research and writing tasks as they pertain to relevant CDC initiatives
- Constantly keep up to date with member company activities, local tech news/events, and general awareness with goings-on in Charleston's tech community
- Assist as needed in the smooth daily operation of the CDC facilities
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Spot check facility common areas for anything requiring attention and attend to it then and there
- Ensuring a welcome lobby area, eagerly greeting visitors
- Engage authentically with diverse audiences sans bias with respect to race, income, or other stereotypical/prejudicial factors
- Get things done efficiently, do whatever is needed, in the job description or not, and demonstrate a real sense of ownership and accountability to the CDCF mission & its members
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Mature & highly dependable
- Motivated, self-starter
- A collaborative orientation, and a creative problem solver
- Ability to respond with flexibility to unanticipated requests and changing priorities while maintaining a positive team approach
- Able to work independently, as well as with a team
- Proven work experience in public relations
- Solid experience with social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, etc.
- Tech savvy with a strong understanding and usage of office, design and web-based software
- Exceptional written and verbal communications ability, including on the phone, engaging directly with newcomers
- Experience and understanding of city/local government and political landscapes
- Passion for the politics of economic development and tech-focused community
- Ability and willingness to attend occasional meetings or events outside of normal working hours, whether on weekdays or even some weekends
A typical qualifying background would be a bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business, public administration, or related field AND at least two (2) years of professional level experience in marketing, public relations, research, business development & operations, economic/community development, and/or event planning. Professional, business-related creative design talent would be a further plus.
The CDC is and has always been a lean, but over-achieving organization and all staffers must carry and live that mentality in every facet of daily work. The position reports to the Executive Director but will work with many other state and local partners, consultants and volunteers, and will occasionally work closely with CDCF board members.
About the CDC: The Charleston Digital Corridor is a non-profit grassroots initiative to attract, nurture and promote the regions tech economy through an array of impactful programs, products and events while leveraging Charleston's renowned livability.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.