North Charleston – 10/04/2019
Who We Are:
At The Urban Electric Co., we make it our mission to recruit and retain highly skilled and passionate individuals. Because we have a genuine respect for the talents and story of every member of our team, our culture attracts a wide variety of personalities and backgrounds to compose an eclectic and fun atmosphere. Each of our company's products is bench-made and hand-finished at our 120,000 sq. ft. headquarters in Charleston, which houses the talented engineers, sales and marketing professionals, designers, and craftsmen who make up our team. We pride ourselves on manufacturing processes that secure the growth and sustainability of artisanal craft for the future by using modern techniques that enhance and refine the hand-build approach as opposed to replacing it.
Who You Are:
As an IT Specialist at UECo, you will be responsible for the operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of our technology infrastructure and systems. You are as passionate about delivering an excellent customer experience as you are about technology.
A Day in the Life:
- Provide high-touch support to all service requests
- Establish a high level of personal credibility and build strong professional working relationships with internal clients
- Install, configure, secure and maintain systems and software
- Primary support for ERP systems including trouble tickets, patching and upgrades
- Ensure backups of all systems are completed and verified
- Develop scripts to automate tasks
- Utilize monitoring solutions to ensure all systems are operating nominally
- Support local network and telecommunications services
- Assist Business Intelligence team with development of automated reporting solutions
What Will Set You Up for Success:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding solutions.
- You can understand the reason behind a process, but you're also enthusiastic about spotting room for improvement.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you're concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You can manage your time and prioritize to meet shifting responsibilities and needs.
- You're a flexible team player, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently.
- You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you're comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You're going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference. Our motto "Always Proud, Never Satisfied" resonates with you!
- You're a star at multi-tasking and managing multiple on-going projects at once.
What Will Impress Us:
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Good working knowledge of Windows Server and Linux
- Experienced at troubleshooting network related issues
- Familiar with Office 365
- Desire and ability to develop SQL scripts for report automation, analysis and integration tasks
- Powershell, Python, PHP or other scripting language experience
Some Benefits & Perks of Working at The Urban Electric Co.
- Medical & dental insurance with employer contributions
- 401(k) savings plan with employer match
- Paid parental leave for new moms and dads
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- A company-wide health & wellness initiative
- An on-site barista with complimentary drinks and snacks
- Robust training program with room for growth and merit based advancement
- Manufacturing experience is a plus