UX Developer and SEO Specialist
Charleston, SC – 06/27/2019
The job of the UX Developer and Search Engine Optimization Specialist is to plan and execute exceptional user experience and SEO strategy for clients' sites throughout their contract with The Post and Courier / King & Columbus.
This position understands the big picture of a client's online presence and is able to design the organizational structure behind a website. Our UX Developer and SEO Specialist will be responsible for conducting user research, creating wireframes and layout designs, and align user behavior to actions that drive results.
This position will work with King and Columbus team members to plan, develop and implement an SEO strategy for each client website. The UX Developer and SEO Specialist will prepare and present analytic reports regularly for each client.
UX DEVELOPER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and creatively design client Wordpress sites by communicating goals; design functionality; analyze websites for improvements; create concepts, wireframes, and mobile responsive mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Plan, implement and manage client SEO strategy. Work with team members to properly implement SEO best practices.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize data reports and trends for client regularly and give feedback of monthly improvements.
- Create project timelines for all deliverables.
- Leverage sketches, sitemaps, user-flow diagrams, mental models, user research, website analytics and other means to create and improve a user's interactive experience.
- Test and review responsive layouts to ensure quality user experience across all devices.
- Help develop site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, video components, etc.
- Collaborate with other teams responsible for blogging, email, social media, in order to optimize the lead-to-customer conversion rate and each conversion path.
- Configure hosting set-up and DNS, and install WordPress core files. Migrate Wordpress sites between servers as needed.
- Establish locatability by verifying each client site via Google Search Console and optimizing.
- Continuously monitor site performance and results via Google Analytics and Search Console; identify, evaluate and implement improvements for user experience and search optimization.
- Proactively work to keep site security measures up to date.
- Stay up to date with the latest SEO and digital marketing latest trends and best practices.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Requirements, minimum education level, and experience
- BS/BA in web design or related field, or equivalent creative or technical work experience. *Graphic design experience a plus.
- 1-3 years professional work experience in graphic or UX design / web development with a track record that demonstrates increasing responsibilities and results
- Prior web development, UX Design experience and SEO experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Front-end development abilities, as well as creative skills & instincts. Skills/ability to work in / configure the following:
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Wireframing software i.e.: Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.
- CSS, HTML
- WordPress Installations, DNS, Hosting, File Migration, Wordpress site migration
Ability to clearly communicate research and design ideas to team members and upper management; strong communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to multi-task between multiple client sites and tasks, prioritize and deliver excellent results under tight deadlines
Excellent customer focus and sense of ownership and pride in your performance.
Understanding of SEO copywriting
Salary: Approx. $45,000
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions