Quality Assurance Engineer
Charleston, SC – 04/02/2019
Quality Assurance Engineer
Moovila: Company & Technology
Moovila Inc. is a technology company in Charleston, SC that delivers cloud-based work management solutions focused on helping organizations increase accountability, connectivity and predictability to increase their odds of on-time success.
We've spent years developing – and continuing to evolve – a platform that executes the difficult math associated with managing projects to help users make smarter decisions to achieve better business results. With a strong emphasis on the future of work, Moovila uses AI and machine learning to improve personal and team efficiency and effectiveness.
Ideally, our candidates have intellectual chops and a deep desire to invest mental horsepower with a company that knows how to innovate, collaborate and succeed.
Moovila gives you the opportunity to work directly with the founders who have world-class experience developing products from the ground up and launching them to market. This team started, scaled and sold successful technology ventures with lots of hard work, the courage to learn from mistakes, and a huge dose of humor.
Moovila is seeking a Quality Assurance Professional who will be responsible for performing functional and regression testing on 2-3+ separate applications. This individual will be embedded with a high performing scrum team and will be responsible for reviewing and providing meaningful feedback on requirements when available and working closely with the development team to plan and execute on sprint work. Demoing newly developed functionality will periodically be required.
This individual will be responsible for writing test plans, test cases, as well as automated and manual functional testing. The ideal candidate will have a good attitude, clear communication skills (both verbal and written), be a team player, a self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team, and able to multi-task.
* Perform highly in a fast-paced Agile Scrum environment where priorities and scope changes are common
* Reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
* Creating detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
* Estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating testing activities
* Design, develop and execute automation scripts
* Write database queries to validate front end data
* Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
* Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
* Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers) to identify system requirements
* Monitor debugging process results
* Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
* Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
* Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
* 2+ years of experience designing, implementing and executing test plans and test cases
* Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, reporting tools and testing processes
* Experience with automated test development
* Familiarity with unit test development
* Experience in Agile/Scrum development process
* Experience using the Microsoft's Azure DevOps/VSTS/TFS
* Experience testing web applications and mobile testing
* Experience testing Canvas, Angular and React applications a plus
* Must be a critical thinker and possess strong verbal and written communication skills
* Capacity of multi-tasking several testing activities in a fast-paced environment
* Strong prioritization and problem-solving skills
* BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related subject