Charleston, SC – 02/19/2019
Software Developer - eTrak
We are looking for a highly motivated developer interested in working in a fun, casual environment. Self-directed candidates with strong work ethic will have the freedom to work with real people solving real problems. The application is a web-based administration system for parks and recreation (shopping cart, plus accounting, league scheduling, maintenance, after school care and membership management) that is also expanding into mobile. The company has been in existence for 30 years but recent changes have pushed it into a very rapid growth phase.
Position reports to: Chief Developer
- Perform system maintenance and upgrades
- Design, code, and test new features
- Perform system administration functions
- Assist with resolving client issues
- Assist with re-design and re-build of existing application with new web technologies
- Assist with data warehousing and reporting database
- Work with Chief Developer on AWS migration
Education, Experience, and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or some college and comparable years of relevant CS experience
- 1-2 years experience
- Proficiency in Java or C#
- Experience with a mainstream RDBMS, preferably MySQL
- Experience with ANSI SQL, including understanding of SQL joins
- Experience with network and system administration
- Experience with Amazon Web Service stack
- Knowledge/experience with fundamental accounting a plus
- Experience with credit card processors a plus
- Experience with Linux and Bash scripts a plus
- Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
- Mobility to drive or ride in a vehicle to various locations and meetings
- Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment such as computers, filing cabinets, printers
- Mobility to physically visit other organization sites
- Mobility and strength sufficient to offer medical assistance up to and including CPR if needed
- Strength to lift equipment or materials weighing up to 20 pounds
- Vision to read printed materials and a computer monitor
- Hearing and speech sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range commensurate with skills and experience
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, Retirement, paid time off, paid Holidays, and a free family membership to St. Andrew's Family Fitness Plus.
eTrak is a division of St. Andrew's Parish Parks and Playground
eTrak was founded in 1980 and acquired by St. Andrew's in 2010. eTrak has been offering products and services to the parks and recreation market for over 30 years. We pride ourselves on providing a complete user-friendly, efficient and cost-effective parks and recreation management solution with outstanding 24/7 customer support and superior training.
About St. Andrew's Parish Parks and Playground
St. Andrew's Parish Parks and Playground Commission is regarded as an international model for independent parks and recreation agencies which raises the standards of excellence in our industry.
Since our inception in 1945, we have gained public confidence, trust, and respect. We serve customers of all ages in the St. Andrew's Public Service District and the greater Charleston area.
Our focus is on fun, fitness, wellness, and individual successes! We improve our customers' quality of life by strengthen community ties and offering a variety of innovative, entertaining, educational, and inspirational programs. We create a fun, safe, and exciting atmosphere and clean, contemporary facilities in which to help our customers and staff meet their goals and build self-esteem.
St. Andrews Parks and Playground Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age or disability.