Charleston, SC – 01/25/2019
Are you tired of working on the same technologies day after day? Do you have a passion for innovation and problem solving? We are seeking a talented software developer with Delta style skills, who has interface and service application experience to join Praescient Analytics at our client site in Charleston, SC.
At Praescient, we are passionate about building products that solve our clients' hardest data problems. Our software warriors are responsible for a variety of tasks including prototyping, developing, implementing, and testing software. We are looking for a developer who shares our passion and wants to work with cutting edge software.
You will be working on technically challenging projects, interacting with experts in various systems, and helping guide the projects to meet the customer's vision of success. This is an opportunity to work and learn on cutting edge software development. Our developers enjoy a large amount of autonomy and independence in how they solve problems. As a consequence of that, we are looking for someone who can wear many hats and approach the development from many angles.
This is a challenging job, and it would help if you brought most of these skill sets to the table:
- DOD SECRET REQUIRED
- Strong Java Development skills
- .NET Framework
- Websphere Application Server (WAS)
- Familiar with Java Enterprise
- Familiar with Rest API
- Familiar with Node JS
- A deep passion for innovation and problem solving
Skills that are a plus:
- Extract Transform and Load (ETL) Development
- Microsoft SSIS
Education: BS degree in Electrical, Software, Systems or Mechanical Engineering; Physics; Computer Science; or Math
Experience: 6-12 Years
If you have a background in most or all of the above, then odds are you have a lot of choices of how to spend your time. Consider Praescient as a rare opportunity to join a team that is actually shaping how the intelligence community interfaces with big data solutions from both a GOTS and COTS perspective!
Our people and our culture make Praescient an amazing place to work. Each member of our team brings a unique set of skills to Praescient and we work together to solve really interesting, really important problems. Our culture is about collaboration, innovation, opportunity and development. We make a difference by being different.
What we believe in:
- Working with a tech-savvy team on Super exciting, cutting-edge opportunities
- Friendly work atmosphere, casual dress at HQ offices
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive, Company Paid Health, Vision and Dental Insurance Plans for you and your family
- Life Insurance, AD&D, Short term and Long Term Disability coverage at no cost to the participant. Additional coverage can be purchased for team members and their dependents
- Paid Family Leave
- Pet Insurance (Our fur-babies are family too!)
- Fun company events and outings
- Company stock plan and profit sharing
- Education and Training stipends
- 401(k) & matching, without vesting
- 15 days paid time off plus 10 Federal Holidays
- Some of the BEST people in the DC Metro (okay, we may be a BIT biased here)
Each and every day at Praescient brings new and exciting challenges. We have a fast moving, ever changing environment which captivates us, and we hope it will do the same for you, too. If you hate being bored, you will love Praescient.
Praescient Analytics is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, national origin, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or status in the uniformed services of the United States, status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, or on any other basis which is protected under applicable law. This includes a commitment to provide a work environment that is free from all forms of illegal harassment including sexual harassment.
This covers all terms and conditions of employment including (but not limited to):
- Hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, or demotion of all job classifications;
- Recruiting, advertising or solicitation for employment;
- Treatment during employment;
- Rates of pay or other forms of compensation;
- Selection for training;
- Company sponsored social and recreational activities; and
- Layoff or termination
The general responsibility for ensuring compliance and continued implementation of Praescient Analytics' policy is the HR Manager. However, all Praescient employees share in the responsibility to foster a discrimination-free work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. Additionally, you should feel free to raise any concerns to management to the extent those are not being addressed.Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship required.Praescient Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.