UX Developer and Optimization Specialist
Charleston, SC – 12/26/2018
The job of the UX Developer and Optimization Specialist is part designer and part developer to improve the website experience for visitors to a client's sites throughout their contract with The Post and Courier / King & Columbus. The UX Developer and Optimization Specialist translates creative work using knowledge and experience to ensure the highest quality user interface for customers and users.
This position understands big picture and designs the organizational structure behind a website and makes certain interactive components of a site can be achieved. Our UX developer will be responsible for conducting user research, creating wireframes and designs, and ultimately aligning user behavior to actions that drive results.
This position analyzes, reviews and implements changes to websites so they are optimized for search engines, testing and implementing testing various search engine marketing techniques, web site layouts and advertising for search engine optimization.
- Plan and creatively design client sites by clarifying goals; design functionality; analyze websites for improvements; create concepts, wireframes, and mockups for a wide range of devices including mobile that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends for client. Translate user behavior and research into actionable data. Strategically create new features and functionality based on user stories and behavior.
- Explore, advance and provide cutting-edge solutions to meet internal and external goals and objectives.
- Create project timelines for all projects.
- Leverage sketches, sitemaps, user-flow diagrams, mental models, user research, website analytics and other means to create and improve the interactive experience to ensure that the user is always the fulcrum of every engagement.
- Test responsive layouts to ensure quality user experience across devices.
- Assign certain tasks to the development and ad operations teams as needed to accomplish client goals and reach project deadlines.
- Develop site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, video components, etc.
- Manage and optimize landing pages, website calls-to-action (CTAs), and lead-generating forms; A/B test and continually measure the performance of CTAs via Google Analytics
- Serve a liaison between various departments. Collaborate with other teams responsible for blogging, email, social media, in order to optimize the lead-to-customer conversion rate and each conversion path.
- Develop site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
- Prepare site by configuring server, configuring DNS, Hosting Package set-up, WordPress Installation, site configuration & migration to live environments.
- Establish locatability by registering with search engines via Search Console & optimizing
- Upgrade site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying, evaluating & implementing improvement options; introducing new technology & more.
- Protect site by installing & optimizing security measures.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Requirements, minimum education level, and experience:
- BS/BA in graphic design, web development or related field, or equivalent creative or technical work experience
1-3 years professional work experience in graphic or UX design / web development with a track record that demonstrates increasing responsibilities and results
Prior web development / SEO / UX Design experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Front-end development abilities, as well as creative skills & instincts. Skills/ability to work in / configure the following-
- Google Analytics / Search Console
Adobe Creative Suite
Wireframing software i.e.: Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.
WordPress Installations, DNS, Hosting, File Migration, Staging Environments
- Ability to clearly communicate research and design ideas to rest of the team and upper management; strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to balance, prioritize and deliver excellent results under tight deadlines
- Excellent customer focus
- Understanding of SEO copywriting