Startup Legal - Top 10 Keys to Success
B110 - Top Ten Keys to Success
This important class offering focuses on the top ten legal issues every startup should know about and consider. Topics will include company formation issues, protecting intellectual property, protecting company equity, considerations when raising capital, data privacy, and other legal issues with plenty of opportunity for personal give and take.
- Background: Presenter experience/credentials
- Business Formation: What legal entity is best for my company?
- Intellectual Property: How are you protecting your IP?
- Business Ownership: How are you protecting your business equity?
- Raising Capital: Don't get tripped up by securities laws
- Cyber Security: Know the evolving compliance rules and litigation risks
- Startup Legal Services: Explore different models of startup legal services
About your presenter
Steve Britt is a highly experienced corporate & technology attorney who has been working with start-ups since the early internet days (mostly in Tysons Corner, VA) and has specialized in data privacy for the past 6-7 years. Since April 2020, he has served as Counsel for Cyber, Data Privacy & Technology at Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP, a regional law firm with approximately 275 attorneys across eight offices (including D.C. & Atlanta). Steve holds two international data privacy certifications from the IAPP – the Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) and the Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) certifications. Connect with Steve on LinkedIn.