Modern Web Dev with SvelteJS
Learn the basics of modern web development using SvelteJS. Svelte is a web framework that provides both a great developer experience and a great user experience. Modern web development can be complex and challenging. The ecosystem continues to grow and offers many solutions to focus on the same problems.
How can we build applications that provide a great user experience while providing strong testability, maintainability, and reliability? Svelte is one of the web frameworks that solve both challenges ability to create great user experiences and a joy to maintain. Tom Wilson has been using Svelte in production since 2017 and will lead this 3-hour workshop, in which you will learn the framework by immersive or active learning. For more information about Svelte check out the web site at https://svelte.dev
- Component architecture in Svelte
- Svelte's Super Power (reactivity)
- How to share state across components
- How to integrate with the DOM libraries (Svelte Actions)
- How to use CSS Transitions to animate your page transitions
- Visual component unit testing with cypress
- To get the most from the class, you should:
- be knowledgeable about Web (HTML/CSS/DOM)
- be knowledgeable about git version control
- have a https://github.com account
About Tom Wilson
Tom Wilson is the Founder/CEO of hyper63, LLC, a company that provides hyper a meta-service framework to remove the pain of working with cloud services. Before hyper, Tom was the CTIO with Tabula Rasa HealthCare Inc (TRHC). During this period, Tom served the local technology community, inspiring and mentoring engineers. Connect with Tom on LinkedIn.