HBCU Cybersecurity Workforce SummitFeb 12, 2020, 8:30am - 3:00pm
@ Engineering & Computer Science Complex, Room 100, South Carolina State University
The purpose of the summit is to explore the need for Government/Industry/Academic collaborative Cybersecurity degree apprenticeships at Cybersecurity Consortium Enabling Cybersecurity Opportunities and Research (CECOR) HBCU members.
Attendees will benefit from the takeaways as follows:
- Lessons learned from NTIA smart community and broadband****public-private partnerships
- Motivation to act with a sense of urgency to leverage economic development opportunity and create pathways to hundreds of high wage cybersecurity jobs
- Awareness of the cybersecurity occupations and demand locally and nationally
- How to use NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework
- Understanding cybersecurity competencies needed by industry
- Why degree apprenticeships? Return on Investment and value addition to employers
- Federal resources available for HBCU Cybersecurity apprenticeships
- Action plan for launching employer-led cybersecurity apprenticeship cohorts by Summer 2020 partnering with CECOR HBCU
Learn more and register HERE.