Senior Software Developer/ Technical Lead
SPARC, LLC is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Software Developer/ Java Genius position in the Charleston, SC area.
Our unique culture has made SPARC the fastest growing technology company in Charleston! SPARC prides itself on offering forward-thinking and innovative software solutions in a fun, culture driven environment. We are a two-time consecutive winner of Best Places to Work in SC and we keep the momentum going with a high energy atmosphere where there is never a dull moment. Are you ready to Ignite the SPARC with us?
A Day in the Life of a Java Genius at SPARC:
- Responsible for development efforts for software enhancements, extensions, defect corrections and integration of features.
- Implementation of architecture requirements, complex system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for software integration.
- Use innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across technologies.
- Development of Enterprise-level, n-tier applications working with multiple back-end systems.
- Independently assess system performance against stated requirements.
- Generates and reviews documentation and provide written and oral feedback on system requirements, code level reviews and design, system design documents, critical design review, integration, testing and other key development activities.
- Apply Agile development methodologies for complex, state-of-the-art modules
- Reviews test results and evaluates for conformance to design.
- Develop systems and design infrastructure necessary to support both business and technical integration needs.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Strong software development skills, including design, development, testing, deployment and support.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, interpersonal and team participation.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies and be able to communicate effectively with various teams.
- Demonstrated ability to systematically gather relevant information from different sources to address an issue and make a prompt and insightful decision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Has domain and expert technical knowledge on Enterprise Technologies and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 plus years related experience.
- 5 or more years of Software Development and Implementation
- 3 or more years experience working with service orientation concepts and enabling technologies.
If you love using these technologies, this is the job for you:
- Microsoft Visual Studio Development
- Open Source development experience
- Java, Spring, Hibernate J2EE, JBOSS
- Microsoft .Net 2.0, MVC
- Security Protocol SAML
- Object Oriented software design (OOD)
- Web Services Design, Testing and Implementation
- Relational database development
- Agile development methodologies
- Experience in architecting large scale enterprise applications
Are you a Java Genius?
Do you enjoy a crazy fun work environment?
Can you build secure, highly available web applications using the latest Java frameworks?
Would you like to work at a company where the employees are put first!?
Do you like ping-pong, beer, and dogs?
Are you constantly finding yourself mentoring, training, and teaching your fellow team members about the intricate details of Classloaders, concurrency, and generic programming in Java?
If you answered yes to all of these questions and your current job suddenly sounds much more mundane... APPLY! You could be just the person we are looking for!!