The availability of an abundant, stable and competitive business infrastructure is the vital underpinning of Charleston's tech community. Businesses operating in the Digital Corridor benefit from reliable and competitive business services and transportation infrastructure provided by a host of recognized local, national and international service providers.
The Charleston Digital Corridor is pleased to facilitate business services for start-ups, expanding tech and tech-related companies, as well as companies seeking to expand or relocate to Charleston.
Charleston is easily accessible from anywhere in the world. Due to increased demand, the Charleston International Airport is in the midst of a major expansion to accommodate their expanding flight schedule. Charleston is served by six airlines offering non-stop flights to fourteen major national cities. The Charleston region is also home to six executive airports to accommodate corporate and personal aircraft.
- Jet Blue
- US Airways
- American Airlines
The Charleston region features a fiber optic, digital, IP-based network that offers businesses reliable, state-of-the-art communications services. Businesses in the Charleston region tap into everything from the latest feature-rich voice and data services to advanced wireless solutions - all provided by leaders in the telecommunications industry. Notable highlights include:
- The Charleston region has 19 digital switching offices.
- Instant rerouting ensured by dozens of fiber optic SONET rings.
- Fiber connections are available to major buildings, ensuring continuous communications.
- More than 90% of the region's telecommunications lines are buried.
- Communication services include OC3 to OC 192 capabilities; Gigabit Ethernet Services; Fully Managed Services and Multi Protocol Layer Switching.